Saturday, October 18, 2014

Super Cute Christmas Gift: DIY Baby Doll Diapers!


I saw this idea on Pinterest a couple of years ago and I thought that it was so cute! I was pregnant with my first daughter at the time and I knew that this was something that I wanted to keep for future reference. 

Little did I know that these little cloth baby doll diapers would be a huge hit and to top it off they were super fast and easy to make.

I am going to give you the lay down on how easy it was to make these!

What you will need:

- Pick out some cute pattern fabric. I chose flannel, 1/4 yard made four diapers.
- 1/4 yard of fabric for the inside of the diaper. I went with a white terry cloth.
- Velcro
- Thread

Next you need to cut out a pattern for your diapers. The best way to do this is to find the baby doll that you are going to be making the diapers for and measure and guess. Lay the doll down on a piece of paper and get an idea of how big you need the pattern. Then eyeball it and draw something similar to this:

Cut your piece out and then grab your doll and wrap it around the doll to make sure that it will be the right size. You can make the straps on the top longer if you want, but not to much.

Once you have your pattern just right the next thing that you want to do is lay out your fabric and start cutting. I did this part two at a time. so fold your fabric in half and cut out two pieces on each types of fabric (your flannel and terry cloth).

Then layer one flannel piece and one terry cloth piece right sides together and sew together leaving enough room at one end to turn inside out. Don't forget to back stitch when you start and finish this step. This will make it easier to turn inside out.

Next turn the diaper inside out and fold in your unfinished end and pin it closed.

Finally you are ready to sew the Velcro onto the diaper. Cut out your pieces of Velcro and sew them to the diaper like shown.


Make sure that you sew them on good, because if your daughter and her friends are anything like mine then these will be used a lot and with a lot of tough love!

I hope that you enjoyed this little tutorial and I hope that they turned out as cute as mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...