Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Wreath DIY Tutorial

I decided that this year I wanted to update my Christmas wreath for my front door. I was super lucky and found the perfect grape vine wreath at the thrift store a couple of years ago for only a couple of dollars. I didn't know what I was going to use it for  when I bought it, but when I decided to do this project I knew that it was perfect!


I knew that when I made this wreath I wanted to use a monogram of our last name on it. I had a wooden "g" that I had previously purchased form the Wood Connection. I love this place they have the cutest things available all year long. You can check them out here




To make the "g" I found some cute Christmas paper that I liked and traced the letter on the wrong side so that when I cut it out and placed it on the letter it would be on the right side. Make sense? Then I panted the sides and back of the letter red. You can paint the edges of the front of the letter also just in case you didn't cut out the paper just right. Don't worry if you didn't, it will still look cute!


Next pull out the best thing ever! If you don't have or have never used Mod Podge then you are missing out. Seriously this stuff is the best thing ever! Just simply paint the Mod Podge all over the top of the the "g" and then place the paper "g" on top of the wood and then add another layer of Mod Podge. It is as simple as that!

Now that the letter is done it is time to move onto the next step. Lets get the wreath ready. I wanted the wreath to have a little more color to it so I grabbed my red tulle and wrapped it around the wreath about 1/4th of the way around like so.



I then took my letter and used some tulle and attached the letter to the wreath. Then the final thing that I did was attach the fabric rosette flowers, and the felt flowers that I made. I just used a generous amount of hot glue to do the job.


I love how it turned out and I can't wait to hang it on my door this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...