Friday, July 15, 2016

How To Have A Perfectly Clean House All The Time … or something like that.


I’ve already confessed to you that I didn’t know how to do my own laundry until I went to college, so you’ve probably figured out that I didn’t really know how to clean either. I always kept my own room spotless, so I kind of figured out vacuuming and dusting, but I had absolutely no idea how to load a dishwasher or clean a toilet when I moved out of my parents house. Still, what happened in my growing up years made me the way I am today, someone who teaches thousands of people (a day) how to clean and organize their homes –
My mom is the cleanest person I know, except for her mother. My mom vacuumed every single day, had a love affair with laundry, did the dishes after every meal, her counters were always cleared off and clean, and she had a ritual of cleaning out her purse every night. Until I went and stayed with my grandma one summer, I thought I knew what it was like to live with a very clean person. I remember my grandma and I walking by her kitchen sink together, when she paused to wipe a small little water stain on the sink with her finger that I never was able to see in the first place, and then we kept walking on as if that had been a totally normal thing to do. I started to notice then that these two women in my life were different than most. Neither of them ever really asked me to lift a finger, but I learned a lot from watching them – like what hard work looked like and especially that I really liked living in a clean house.
Read full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...