Friday, March 24, 2017

What We Mean When We Say We Need a Break


As a stay-at-home mom of two small children, when I say that I need a break, I’m not talking about wanting a vacation or a treat as a reward for doing my job. Needing a break doesn’t mean that I’m seeking a respite from my responsibilities or that I want to put my feet up. It means that I need a moment to feel like a human being in the midst of a relentless life where I don’t belong to myself anymore; where I give my love and energy away, every moment of my existence, and can’t figure out how to keep any for myself.
We’re all very aware of men who don’t understand the point of giving the mother of his children a break. They go to work all day and they don’t have fun at work, do they? When they come home and their wives say, “I need a break,” they think,When do I get a break? I just worked all day and now I have to come home and give my wife a break?
Read full article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...