Saturday, November 8, 2014

30 Days of Thankfulness in November - Day 7


Day 7 - Okay so I am a day late and this couldn't be a better thing to be thankful for this week, because three of my five kids have had croup this week.

My little family has had it's share of sickness over the years and we get it just like everyone else. However I have one child that makes modern medicine at the top of my thankful list.

My youngest son has reactive airway disease and because of that he gets croup all of the time! And when I say all of the time I mean that he is six years old and he has had it about every other month all year long with the exception of summer (thank goodness for that break) for his whole life.

We have been to the ER many times. We have been on many medications. We have seen different doctors. We had to use an ambulance. And to top it all off, we have been admitted to the local children's hospital for a couple of day's because nothing was working. And this is all for the same child.

I am so thankful that I live in a time and place where we have these modern medical advancements, because no one wants to see their child struggling to breath. It is very, very scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...